Directions to Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sands Reserve
For guests coming from Johannesburg, it is recommended to fly in directly to the Sabi Sands Game Reserve on a 1 hour flight, where a representative of the lodge will collect you for a short 10-15 minute transfer to the lodge. Flying into Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport is also an option and the 1.5 hour transfer service from there to the lodge will be done on a private basis in an air-conditioned vehicle.
The lodge is also accessible with a sedan vehicle via the Newington Gate, if you do not mind long distance driving. This option is, however, not recommended if you have limited time for your safari.
Directions to Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve
- Charter shuttle service from Johannesburg O.R. Tambo International Airport directly to the lodge
- Scheduled commercial flights to Nelspruit (Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport), followed by a road transfer or air charter to the lodge
Road transfers can be arranged from Johannesburg and local airports or guests can self-drive. Guests who choose to self-drive to Inyati Game Lodge can follow well-maintained roads most of the way with some gravel stretches toward the end of the journey. The road trip takes about 6 hours.
Please note: There are entrance fees (cash only) payable for Sabi Sands Game Reserve - per vehicle and per guest.
From Johannesburg or Pretoria
- Take the N12 / N4 towards Nelspruit
- From Nelspruit, take the R40 to Hazyview
- When you arrive in Hazyview, take the R536 towards the Paul Kruger Gate
- Travel 34.6km (21.5 miles) along the Paul Kruger Gate Road and look out for the Newington Gate, Sabi Sands Wildtuin (Game Reserve) sign posts on the left hand side
- Take this turn off and travel 9km (5.59 miles) along the dirt road - you will pass a school on your left, keep driving till you get to a large four way intersection. There are a few roadside stalls here and lodge boards
- Travel along this road until you get to a T-junction
- Turn left at the T-junction, there will be another sign board for Newington Gate
- Travel 2km (1.24 miles) along this road, cross over a river and look for the Newington Gate / Sabi Sands sign. Turn left here
- Travel a further 1.2km (0.75 miles) along this road. Do not turn off at any point and continue until you see the entrance gate to the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve. Enter at this gate and pay the entrance fees
- Once inside the reserve, follow the signs for approximately 12km (7.4 miles) to the lodge
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions