Savour the luxury of the 4-day Ulusaba Luxury Safari where the extraordinary panoramas and wildlife will leave you breathless. Ulusaba Rock Lodge is perched high on a summit and promises endless chances to spot free-roaming wildlife, all set against the backdrop of the Drakensberg Mountains in the distance. From 49,350
Ulusaba Luxury Safari Experience
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is a spectacular and game-rich piece of wilderness on the edge of the legendary Kruger Park and this Endless Horizons package at provides the finest way to experience this phenomenon. Situated as it is on a koppie, the lodge provides the best view of the vast wilderness of any lodge in the area.
The great game viewing and panoramic views are enhanced by the unbelievable hospitality and service you receive. The spa and gym facilities add the finishing touches to what is truly one of Africa's most memorable safari experiences - and it helps to drop the Richard Branson name (lodge owner) in the telling of your luxury South African safari.
Ulusaba Luxury Safari Highlights
- Panoramic views of the bushveld and roaming wildlife below
- Great hospitality and freshly prepared cuisine
- Excellent game viewing on sunrise and sunset game drives
- Crystal-clear infinity swimming pool and poolside bar
- Telescopes to zoom in on passing wildlife
- Observe the bright southern skies at the bush observatory
- Be pampered at the 800 feet above the African savannah spa with stunning bush views
- Owned by Sir Richard Branson
- Combine it with a few extra days at Mont Rochelle in the Cape Winelands
Day 1: Fly to Ulusaba
Your Ulusaba luxury safari starts in Johannesburg, at a private airport lounge. An oasis of tranquillity that is decorated in the style of a luxury safari lodge, making you feel like your luxury safari has already started. The lounge has a host of luxury comforts ranging from complimentary refreshments and canapes to Wi-fi. Freshen up with a quick shower or sit outside and soak up the warm African sun.
You will depart from Johannesburg on a flight to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve and land directly on an airstrip in the middle of the African bush. You will be met by your experienced safari ranger who will transfer you to Ulusaba Rock Lodge where you will be spending the next three nights. Later in the afternoon your ranger will take you out into the bush to search for wildlife.
Day 2 - 3: Safari bliss
An early wake-up call with tea and coffee will precede the morning game drive. During the drive, your ranger and tracker will share their knowledge of the area with you whilst looking for the game that frequents the Sabi Sands. Although the Big Five is a priority there is much more besides to attract the attention.
After the game drive, you will return to the lodge for breakfast. The midday and early afternoon hours can be spent admiring the view from the comfort of your room or at the pool or indulging in a spa treatment. Guided safari walks are available for those wanting something extra on the safari.
Day 4: Farewell Ulusaba
This is the last day of on your Ulusaba luxury safari, but you will still have time to go on one last morning game drive - this is your chance to tick off some of the wildlife that might have eluded you so far.
After a morning activity and a hearty breakfast, it is time to head for the airstrip to catch the return flight to Johannesburg. You could even extend your trip to spend some time in Cape Town at Mont Rochelle in the Cape Winelands.
- Access to premier airport lounge with complimentary drinks and snacks
- Scheduled return flight from Johannesburg to an airstrip in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Return safari road transfers to your safari lodge
- 3 nights' luxury accommodation at Ulusaba Rock Lodge
- All meals are included and are served in a variety of locations around the lodge and in the bush
- All drinks including soft drinks, bottled water, fruit juices, coffee and tea, premium-branded spirits, fine champagne, beers and exceptional wines from South Africa
- Use of lodge facilities include swimming pool, gym, tennis court, library, game viewing decks and observatory in the bush for stargazing
- Early morning game drives in open safari vehicles accompanied by qualified and experienced rangers and trackers
- Late afternoon game drive that lasts until after dark, offering you chance to spot predatory animals stalking their prey
- Guided bush walks to discover the smaller creatures of the bush as well the diverse fauna and flora (subject to favourable weather conditions)
- Park and conservation fees
- Spa treatments and French Champagne
- All other extras to be settled direct