Accommodation at Mala Mala Main Camp
Sabi Sands accommodation is offered at Mala Mala Main Camp in individually decorated, spacious and comfortable rooms with wonderful views. There are 8 luxury suites and 10 luxury rooms under traditional thatching.
The rooms and suites at Mala Mala Main Camp are equipped with 2 en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning, insect proofing and telephones. Family rooms can accommodate two children or a third adult are available on request at this Sabi Sands accommodation.
There is an air-conditioned suite, with a ramp entrance and an elevated deck overlooking the bush. The suite has a fully functional bathroom with all the necessary fittings that are required by wheelchair users - including a wheel-in shower. A separate lounge area can be converted to a bedroom should there be an accompanying nurse / helper.
The facilities were designed with the aid of the Disabled People's Information Service of South Africa and are in line with international standards. The safari vehicle used is equipped to comfortably and safely take disabled guests on game drives.
- His-and-hers bathrooms
- Bathroom amenities and hairdryer
- 24 hour temperature control
- Direct dial telephone
- A mini-bar
- A mini safe
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Lounge, air-conditioned dining room and historic bar
- Air-conditioned library with satellite television and DVD player
- Shaded safari deck for game viewing over the Sand River
- A fully stocked wine-cellar
- A small fitness facility with a steam room
- Infinity pool
- Massage therapy available on request
- Safari boutique (quality clothing, jewellery and artefacts)
- Mobile phone coverage and Wireless Internet connectivity
Children of all ages are welcome at Mala Mala Main Camp but those aged 4 and under are not permitted to dine in the boma or to be taken on game drives, unless their parents have reserved sole-use of their safari vehicle.
Special dining arrangements can be made and baby-sitting services are provided on request at a nominal charge.