Getting to Arathusa Safari Lodge, Sabi Sands Reserve
Arathusa Safari Lodge is situated in the remote Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, South Africa which shares a fenceless border with the Kruger National Park.
The Safari Lodge is located in the northern region of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve in the Greater Kruger National Park. The lodge lies on a large waterhole providing a panoramic 180-degree view of the water.
You can view and photograph a variety of African wildlife, if you are lucky even including the Big Five, without even having to leave the lodge. The waterhole is also home to Hippo which occasionally graze on the lawn beside the viewing deck.
The Sabi Sands Game Reserve in Mpumalanga, South Africa, is renowned for its rich diversity of African wildlife, Leopard sightings and various bird species. The lodge is a 7 hour drive from Johannesburg through scenic Mpumalanga. It has its own airstrip and affordable charters can easily be arranged.
- Johannesburg to the Lodge – approximately 550km / 342 miles (approx. 7 hours by road)
- Nelspruit to the Lodge – 170km / 106 miles (approx. 2.5 to 3 hours by road)
- Hoedspruit to the Lodge – 80km / 50 miles (approx. 1.5 hours by road)
- Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to the Lodge – 165km / 103 miles (approx. 2.5 to 3 hours by road)
Directions to Arathusa Safari Lodge
Airlink operate a number of flights from OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg, into Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport and to Eastgate Airport in Hoedspruit. The Safari Lodge can arrange road transfers between the airports and the lodge. Airlink also operates to/from Skukuza and KMIA onto Arathusa’s airstrip.
Guests can also choose the option of a panoramic transfer from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to the Safari Lodge. Enjoy some of Mpumalanga’s most breath-taking scenery during the transfer.
By Road – from Johannesburg
Please note there are cash only entrance fees applicable for Sabi Sands Game Reserve (per vehicle and per guest).
- From Johannesburg, take the N12 to Emalahleni (Witbank). At Emalahleni (Witbank) take the N4 to Nelspruit.
- You will go through 2 national toll gates on this road - Please insure to carry enough money for all toll gates.
- Take the R40 from Nelspruit to White River and proceed to Hazyview.
- Remain on the R40 towards Bushbuckridge (from Hazyview it is approximately 62 km / 1 hour until Acornhoek turn)
- Turn right at the traffic lights (Acornhoek) – to Manyeleti / Tulamahashe / Hluvukani
- Follow the tar road for approximately 36.1 km. Turn right onto dirt road.
- Follow dirt road for 6.4 km until Uthar Clinic is on left.
- Turn left on gravel road (Utha Store will be on the right) – 7.3 km to the Gowrie Gate.
- Entrance fee to the Sabi Sands Game Reserve is payable in cash
- Travel straight through the Gowrie Gate. At signboards continue straight to Arathusa Safari (do not turn right to Arathusa Private) – 5.9 km
- Turn right at the stone wall for Arathusa Safari Lodge & follow the road until the entrance to the lodge on the right.
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions