Nostalgic South African Safari and Rail Journey to Victoria Falls
Embark on a thrilling African safari in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve and enjoy a luxury train journey that takes you the magnificent Victoria Falls.
African Safari and Rail Journey Experience
Visit the famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve and witness Mosi-oa-Tunya, the thundering mist of the Victoria Falls. Journey through the beauty of Southern Africa on Rovos Rail, the Pride of Africa and the most luxurious train in the world. Experience adventure, dramatic landscapes and exciting wildlife sightings
Start off with an unforgettable South African safari in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve in the Greater Kruger Park. Renowned for its amazing wildlife sightings and a profusion of 300 different bird species. Go on guided off-road safaris where you may be lucky enough to spot the African Big Five - elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard.
Be transported back into time on a luxury steam locomotive journey from Pretoria to Victoria Falls, for the ultimate rail experience. Sit back in the club car and enjoy a cocktail or glass of whisky and light up a cigar while taking in the ever changing landscapes of Southern Africa.
African Safari and Rail Journey Highlights
- Combine a thrilling African Safari with a nostalgic train Journey to Victoria Falls
- See dramatic landscapes and a variety of African wildlife
- Experience turn of the century elegance with personalised safari luxury
- Stay in luxury accommodations that have a historic railway theme and colonial charm
- Enjoy timeless elegance aboard Rovos Rail, one of the world's most luxurious trains
- Indulge in elegant fine dining and savour award winning South African wines
- Embark on thrilling safaris in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve and Hwange National Park
- Spot nocturnal wildlife with the help of a spotlight during evening safari
- Feel the pulse of Africa on guided bush walks
- Witness Mosi-oa-Tunya, the thundering mist of the Victoria Falls
- Explore the mighty Zambezi on a sundowner dinner cruise
Day 1: Fly into the African bushView Lodge
A short road transfer (and a mini safari in itself) will take you to your luxury safari lodge in the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve where your South African safari begins. After settling in, embark on your first game drive in an open safari vehicle accompanied by experienced guides and trackers.
Your accommodations at Sabi Sands Game Reserve offers the perfect combination of African elegance and colonial charm. The safari lodge is furnished with a historic railway theme in mind. During the 1870’s a railway line known as the Selati Line crossed the Sabi Sand Reserve into Mozambique.
The railway theme extends from the original steam engine nameplates, signals and shunter’s lamps lighting the path to your suite, to interesting memorabilia and other collector’s pieces in your en-suite room.
Day 2 - 3: On SafariView Lodge
From the comfort of a game viewing deck, watch passing wildlife come for a drink at the nearby watering hole from or let an African bush spa treatment melt your stress away.
End your days with scenic sundowner drinks and canapes followed by an evening safari where with the help of a spotlight, you are able to spot numerous nocturnal hunters. A leopard's eyes may just reflect back from a nearby tree.
Day 4: Travel to PretoriaView LodgeAfter breakfast, a road transfer will take you back to the bush airstrip, where a light aircraft is waiting to transfer you to Johannesburg. From here, a private road transfer will take you north to the Jacaranda City of Pretoria.
We suggest exploring the city’s many historic monuments, parks and museums before checking into your accommodations, where you will spend the night in a luxury suite.
Day 5 - 7: Rail Journey to Victoria FallsEnjoy a breakfast before your road transfer to the Pretoria Railway Station. Here you will embark on a luxury train journey to Victoria Falls – 3 nights aboard Rovos Rail, one of the most luxurious trains in the world.
You will travel along the Magaliesberg Mountains and the edge of Botswana, crossing the Tropic of Capricorn. See Francistown, Zimbabwe Hwange National Park and the Victoria Falls on pre-arranged activities.
The Rovos Rail is an utterly luxurious experience and is a great way to see the beauty of the vast African wild without compromising on comfort.
Enjoy plush suites and fine dining to incredible views from observation cars and comfortable lounges. Sit back in the club car and light up a cigar while taking in the beautiful scenery. This luxurious Colonial-style locomotive offers fine dining and an extensive menu of fine wine to compliment your meals.
Day 8 - 9: Visit the Victoria Falls waterfallsBreakfast makes the world go ’round. Enjoy yours aboard the Rovos Rail as your Southern African train journey comes to an end at the Victoria Falls.
Check into your Victoria Falls accommodation, where you will spend 2 luxurious nights. There are so many activities and experiences to be had in and around Victoria Falls. We have included a Tour of the falls over lunch time and a late afternoon sunset cruise on the mighty Zambezi River.
If you have some spare time and want to experience more of what Victoria Falls has to offer, you can go canoeing, fishing or white river rafting for a soak in a mighty African river.
Daredevils can get their thrills bungee jumping or gorge swinging. Enjoy a cultural tour or take a helicopter trip over the majestic Victoria Falls.
Day 10: Leave your footprints behindOne last African breakfast before a road transfer takes you to the airport. From here you will travel to Johannesburg and beyond.
Leaving your footprints in the bush, your name in the guestbook and a piece of your heart in Africa.
- Meet and greet service at Johannesburg Airport
- Return flight between Johannesburg and Sabi Sand Reserve
- Scheduled flight from Victoria Falls to Johannesburg
- Return road transfers between airports, airstrips, railway station and hotels/lodges
- 3 nights’ accommodation at a luxury safari lodge inside the Sabi Sand Game Reserve (fully inclusive of all meals and drinks)
- 1 nights’ accommodation at a boutique hotel in Pretoria (breakfast included)
- 3 nights’ on board Rovos Rail in a luxury suite (breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner are included)
- 2 nights’ accommodation at a luxury Victoria Falls hotel (breakfast included)
- Open safari vehicle safaris by day and night accompanied by qualified rangers and trackers
- Guided Tour of the Victoria Falls on the Zimbabwe side
- Luxury 2-hour sunset cruise on the Zambezi River (canapés and drinks included)
- Park and conservation fees
- Meals and drinks not mentioned above
- Optional activities, spa treatments and personal extras to be settled direct