Location of Nkorho Bush Lodge, Sabi Sands Reserve
This bush lodge is situated in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve in South Africa and shares an unfenced border with wildlife-rich Kruger National Park. This unspoiled savannah offers an abundance of diverse wildlife including birds, antelope and the Big Five - Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Leopard, and Buffalo.
This bush lodge, perfect for a getaway, is well established in a typical African bushveld setting. The lodge can be reached by road or air. Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve in South Africa is located on the western boundary of Kruger National Park in Mpumalanga Province.
There are two local airports in the vicinity of Sabi Sands Game Reserve, South Africa. You can choose between the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport in Nelspruit (KMIA) and the Hoedspruit Airport.
There are scheduled flight connections from Johannesburg and other city centres. In both cases, a road transfer from the airport to the lodge would need to be arranged in advance. KMIA is the closest airport and a one way road transfer takes about 2 hours.
Road transfers from local airports can be arranged or guests can self-drive in a sedan vehicle to the lodge from Johannesburg. The roads are well maintained with gravel stretches towards the end of the journey. The drive takes about 6 hours.
You can only use the Gowrie Gate to get to the Nkorho Bush Lodge. There are entrance fees (cash only) payable for entry into Sabi Sands Game Reserve (per vehicle and per guest).
- Depart Johannesburg via the N12 highway and continue to Witbank which then becomes the N4
- Continue straight, through Middelburg and on towards Belfast Switch to the R540 to Dullstroom
- Continue on through Lydenburg, Ohrigstad and through the Strydom tunnel
- On approaching Hoedspruit take the R531 to Klaserie and then onward to Acornhoek via the R40
- At Acornhoek Plaza turn left and travel for about 46km (29 miles) following the signs for Sabi Sands Game Reserve (Gowrie Gate)
- En-route you will pass the Hluvukani petrol station on the right hand side before Seville
- At Gowrie Gate you will need to pay your entrance fees and once inside the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, follow directional signs to the Nkorho Bush Lodge