Ulusaba Rock Lodge is located at the top of a rocky hill overlooking the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger National Park in South Africa.
The Sabi Sands adjoins the Kruger National Park along a fenceless border which allows the free movement of game in this region. Traversing over 13 500 hectares in open 4x4 safari vehicles, the lodge rangers and trackers share their vast knowledge of the surrounding wildlife as they track Big Five game - Lion, Buffalo, Leopard, Elephant and Rhino.
Directions to Ulusaba Rock Lodge
Ulusaba is a 1 hour and 20 minute flight from Johannesburg's OR Tambo International Airport, or a 30 minute flight from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) in Nelspruit. Ulusaba also has its own private airstrip and there are daily scheduled and charter flights available.
Please Note: There are cash only entrance fees payable for the Sabi Sands Game Reserve (per vehicle and per guest).
- Take the N4 /N12 to Nelspruit
- Follow the R40 from Nelspruit for 60km (37 miles) through White River to Hazyview
- As you approach Hazyview there is a T-Junction. Turn left at this junction. This road will take you into Hazyview Town
- Carry on straight through the first set of traffic lights
- At the junction with the second set of traffic lights, there will be a signpost that reads Paul Kruger Gate. At this signpost, turn right. This road is the R536
- After approximately 32km (20 miles) there are signposts for Ulusaba through Newington Gate on the left hand side of the road. There will also be signs indicating Huntington, Lilydale and Justicia
- Turn left and follow the gravel road for 9km (5 miles) until you find the next Ulusaba sign
- Turn right and follow the road for another 3km (1.8 miles) to Newington Gate which is where you will enter the Sabi Sand Reserve. Pay your entrance fees and proceed through the gate following the signposts for 17km (11 miles) to Ulusaba.