Idube Game Lodge is situated in Idube Game Reserve within the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, South Africa, home to the Big Five wildlife.
This game lodge in Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve is chosen by guests from all round the world who want to see not only Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino and Elephant, but also the many other creatures that make an African safari so exciting. Sabi Sands Game Reserve in South Africa is renowned for its superb game viewing opportunities on the border of the Kruger National Park.
Directions to Idube Game Lodge
There are two options:
- Fly from Johannesburg to KMIA (Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport) in Nelspruit with transfer from there to Idube.
- Fly from Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport direct to the Sabi Sands Game Reserve in Mpumalanga and then transfer by 4x4 safari vehicle to Idube.
Guests who choose to self-drive to Idube Game Lodge can follow well maintained roads most of the way with some gravel stretches toward the end of the journey. The road trip takes about 5 or 6 hours.
Please note: There are cash only entrance fees payable for Sabi Sands Game Reserve (per vehicle and per guest).
From Johannesburg or Pretoria
- Take the N12 / N4 towards Nelspruit
- From Nelspruit, take the R40 to Hazyview
- When you arrive in Hazyview, take the R536 towards the Paul Kruger Gate
- Travel 34.6km (21.5 miles) along the Paul Kruger Gate Road and look out for the Newington Gate, Sabi Sands Wildtuin (Game Reserve) sign posts on the left hand side
- Take this turn off and travel 9km (5.59 miles) along the dirt road - you will pass a school on your left, keep driving till you get to a large four way intersection (there are a few roadside stalls here and lodge boards)
- Turn right at the four-way intersection following the Newington Gate sign
- Travel along this road until you get to a T-junction
- Turn left at the T-junction, there will be another sign board for Newington Gate
- Travel 2km (1.24 miles) along this road, cross over a river and look for the Newington Gate / Sabi Sands sign - turn left here
- Travel a further 1.2km (0.75 miles) along this road. Do not turn off at any point and continue until you see the entrance gate to the Sabi Sands Game Reserve. Enter at this gate and pay the entrance fees
- Once you are inside the reserve, turn left immediately; continue until you see Idube Game Lodge sign and turn-off - follow the road to the lodge