Bring grandma and grandpa along on this luxury Sabi Sands Family Safari and enjoy quality time with your loved ones on an African child-friendly safari.There's nothing quite like building memories of great adventure, wildlife encounters and cultural experiences with those closest to you.
Sabi Sands Family Safari Experience
Travel on this 3-day luxury Sabi Sands family safari into the magical world of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Your luxury Sabi Sands safari lodge has a fine heritage of quality safaris with years of dedication and experience. At your lodgings, the emphasis is on family and warm hospitality. With every possible luxury on hand, you will instantly relax, knowing that each person is perfectly catered for. Discover yourself during an array of tailor-made activities. There is an excellent programme for children that is filled with fun and fascination.
The Cubï¿½s Den is equipped to delight your children, with fish ponds to splash around in, Land Rovers to ï¿½driveï¿½ around in, campout tents and an educational centre where wildlife takes centre stage. Bushveld excursions are guided by the Cub Coach, a dedicated and expert naturalist, who oversees all the childrenï¿½s activities and can make even dung spitting seem like a palatable idea! Parents can set off on exciting game drives and animal tracking adventures or retreat to their suite for a blissful siesta followed by high tea.
Sabi Sands Family Safari Highlights
- Perfect as part of a multi-generational family holiday
- Stress-free safari inclusive of flights, transfers, meals, drinks and activities
- Stay in a two-bedroom family chalet with private deck and pool
- Short travel times and access to premier airport lounge
- Customizable and extendable to suit your family's needs
- Personal and warm atmosphere with attentive service
- Freshly prepared meals with seasonal and homegrown organic produce
- Your little-ones are catered to with child-friendly activities and meals
- Immersive play area with fish pond, "real" land Rovers to play in and camp-out tents
- Embark on twice-daily game drives with experienced rangers in search of the Big Five
- See free-roaming African wildlife in their natural habitat
Day 1: Johannesburg to Sabi Sands Game Reserve
Depart Johannesburg on a scheduled flight followed by a short air-transfer to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve - your luxury Sabi Sands Family safari has begun!
You will be met by your ranger and introduced to the area. Your kids can settle in and will most likely want to make use of the child-friendly play area. A child-minder will look after your children as you embark on your first-afternoon game drive.
The relaxed pace of this family-friendly Sabi Sands safari lodge means you can be as active (or not!) as you like. The Londolozi Cubs programme offers up some entertaining kiddies activities with a learning element. Not only will your little ones understand the importance of preserving our natural environment, but they will also have a hands-on experience in discovering how diverse the Africa animal kingdom is.
Day 2: Safari Lodge in Sabi Sands
Recuperate mind, body and spirit in whichever way pleases you. Relax and take things easy or rise early for a thrilling game drive. The Rangers are truly skilful, negotiating ravines and thickets in pursuit of elusive animals and sharing their outstanding knowledge and unforgettable stories.
On return to the lodge, the day is yours to explore - surrender to a massage, find peace in a yoga session, work out at the gym, have a swim or try your hand at clay pigeon shooting.
Cultural excursions are also on offer. Evening game drives follow the lives of nocturnal animals with the aid of a spotlight. This package aims to make your family vacation memorable in every way. Superb cuisine is considered an essential part of the experience at yours.
Look forward to delicious muffins at sunrise and tasty snacks on game drives, as well as breakfast, lunch and High Tea to write home about. Don't forget the culinary delights at the fireside dinner banquets.
Day 3: Sabi Sands to Johannesburg
This is the last day of your luxury Sabi Sands family safari. On this morning you will get to experience one last game drive. If you haven't managed to see all of the Big 5 members- this could be your last chance to do so. Alternatively, enjoy the sights and sounds of the African bush with a private breakfast from your game viewing deck.
After breakfast, it is time to gather the kids and the grandparents together. You will leave the Sabi Sands for your return flight to Johannesburg, or onwards to your next family holiday destination.
- Use of premier airport departure lounge with complimentary drinks and snacks (2 hours prior to departure)
- Scheduled return flights from Johannesburg to Nelspruit
- Return small aircraft air transfers from Nelspruit to bush airstrip
- Short return road transfer from the airstrip to your safari lodge
- 2 nights' in a luxury air-conditioned two-bedroomed chalet with private game viewing deck and plunge pool
- All meals including breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, snacks and dinner (prepared with seasonal and homegrown organic produce)
- Selection of local drinks including house wines, beers, spirits, bottled water, fresh juices, soft drinks, tea and coffees
- Two game drives daily in open safari vehicle accompanied by expert rangers and trackers
- Nature walks accompanied by experienced armed tracker
- Kids program with child-friendly activities ranging from arts & crafts, drumming and dancing to nature walks and campouts
- One group yoga class per day and use of fitness room
- Park and conservation fees
- Spa treatments
- Premium branded drinks, cigars and all other extras to be settled direct