Where is Cheetah Plains, Sabi Sands Reserve
There is no dividing fence between the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve and the vast Kruger National Park. Cheetah Plains Private Game Reserve is part of this incredible eco-system.
This adventure Lodge is located in Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, which borders on the Kruger National Park. Big Five game and many other fascinating African animals move freely between these two areas.
The Game Reserve is owner managed and assisted by highly qualified and experienced Tsonga rangers and trackers. This dedicated team provide a personal and memorable safari experience.
You will never feel crowded at the adventure Game Reserve, whether at the lodge or on your game drive. You can forget the hustle and bustle of the city and really enjoy the African savannah.
This Game Reserve is easily accessible by road and air. You can fly directly to the lodge on one of the daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg or Nelspruit, or arrange to self-drive to the lodge. Transfers from Nelspruit are available on request.
Daily flights are available on SA Airlink, Federal Air and General Airways. Airports are located within easy driving distance. Arathusa is about 20 minutes drive away, Hoedspruit Airport is 1.5 hours drive and Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) is a 2.5 hour drive. Road transfers from Hoedspruit Airport or KMIA can be arranged on request.
Please note there are 'cash only' entrance fees for Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve (per vehicle and per guest).
Recommended self-drive route from Johannesburg
- Depart Johannesburg via the N12 highway and continue to Witbank which then becomes the N4 highway, continue straight, through Middelburg and on towards Belfast
- Switch to the R540 to Dullstroom, continue on through Lydenburg, Ohrigstad and through the Strydom tunnel
- On approaching Hoedspruit take the R531 to Klaserie, Acornhoek and then follow the signs for Sabi Sand to Gowrie gate. Follow directional signs to the camp. The Game Reserve is approximately 12km (7 miles) from Gowrie Gate
Recommended self-drive route from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
- Take the R40 to White River, Hazyview, Bushbuck Ridge and Acornhoek
- Then follow the signs for Sabi Sand to Gowrie Gate. Follow directional signs to the camp
- The Game Reserve is approximately 12km (7 miles) from Gowrie Gate
- Johannesburg to the Cheetah Plains – about 6 hours (approx. 500km / 311 miles)
- Nelspruit to the Cheetah Plains – about 3 hours (approx. 250km / 310 miles)