The area surrounding Simbambili Game Lodge in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve is famed for its regular Leopard sightings, abundance of game species is well as extraordinary bird life.
Simbambili Game Lodge is located in the northern section of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, South Africa and borders on the well known Kruger National Park. Overlooking a river, the lodge is nestled in stands of Knobthorn and Jackalberry trees.
Home to Africa's Big Five, namely Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Buffalo and Rhino, the Sabi Sands Game Reserve in South Africa adjoins the Kruger Park on a fenceless boundary, which allows for the free movement of game in both areas.
How To Get There
Guests can fly from Johannesburg directly to Sabi Sand and then road transfers to the lodge can be arranged.
Road transfers can be arranged from local airports to the lodge. Alternatively, guests can self-drive on national roads to the Gowrie Gate of Sabi Sands Game Reserve and then onto the lodge.
Please Note: The Gowrie Gate is the only entrance suitable for access to the lodge. There are cash only entrance fees payable at the gate (per vehicle and per guest).
- From Johannesburg
- Take the N12 to eMalahleni (Witbank), where the N12 highway links up with the N4 highway
- Continue with the N4 in the direction Mbombela (Nelspruit)
- Approximately 30km / 19 miles past Middleburg, take the R 540 to your left
- Travel though the town of eMakhazeni (Belfast) and eMnotweni (Dullstroom) to Mashishing (Lydenburg)
- Take the R 36 (which becomes the R 527) towards Hoedspruit, passing through Ohrigstad and descending down the Able Erasmus Pass
- Approximately 68km / 42 miles past Ohrigstad take the R 531 to your right
- Continue 33km / 21 miles towards Bushbuckridge, turn left at Acornhoek and travel through Acornhoek
- Continue on the road until you get to Hluvukani (33km / 21 miles)
- At Hluvukani you will see the BP Garage on your right
- Continue straight for 2.3km / 1.4 miles on a tar road towards Manyelethi
- Turn right at the Dixie & Simbambili sign, this is a dirt road
- Continue on this road for 6km / 4 miles until you reach a T-junction
- Turn left at this T-Junction
- You will pass the villages of Utah and Dixie. From the Utah Trading Store, which is on your right, it is about 12.2km / 7.5 miles until you reach the Gowrie Gate entrance to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Pay your entrance fees and proceed through the entrance. Turn immediately right and follow the fence line to Simbambili (6km / 3.72 miles)
Booking Simbambili Game Lodge