A luxury family safari in the Sabi Sands has never been easier with this 4-day experience. It offers extensive Kruger Park game viewing as well as family-friendly accommodation with age-appropriate activities and a dynamic atmosphere that strikes the perfect balance between learning and having fun. From 59,800
Sabi Sands Luxury Family Safari Experience
It’s true, family holidays do take some extra planning. However, there’s no need to feel like an antelope in the headlights when it comes down to it. Your family is in very good hands with Siyabona- “Hakuna matata”, as the saying goes. This carefully curated Sabi Sands Luxury Family Safari will be an absolute breeze. You could even bring the grandparents so that the whole family is together. All you will need to worry about is making sure the whole troop is packed up and ready to go and the camera is fully charged.
Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge ideally offers child-friendly facilities, as well as safe activities with their special tracker and ranger programme for kids up to 12 years. There is plenty to tire out those little legs and plenty to keep the imagination at full-throttle, while the adults squeeze in some much-needed relaxation time.
Sabi Sands Luxury Family Safari Highlights
- This luxury family safari in Sabi Sands is set at your family’s own pace
- Fly directly avoiding long and tiresome drives
- Option to upgrade to a spacious villa with a private guide, safari vehicle and pool at your full disposal
- The pre-organised activities for kids are age-appropriate- ideal for kids from 4 - 12 years
- Kids will be catered to with special meals prepared by the chef
- Spacious play area at the EleFun Kids Play Centre on site
- Marshmallow “braai” around a bushfire followed by bedtime stories
- Parents will get time to enjoy the tranquillity of the bush and go on 4x4 game drives and bush walks
- This itinerary can easily be extended with Cape Town or Mozambique for some added beach time
Day 1 : The Adventure Begins
Forget those long dusty drives to get to your accommodation. Today you and your family will get to soak up the views as you fly into Skukuza from Johannesburg. From there, it’s only a short private road transfer to Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge in Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, where you will be spending the next 3 nights.
After you have all settled in, there will be enough time to experience an afternoon game drive, for kids under 12, it will be their first “mini” game drive. At Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge, you can choose between 2 accommodation options.
The luxury suite offers 1 bedroom with extra beds for the kids while the luxury villa is ideal for families wanting more space.
It features a master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, second en-suite bedroom, a private pool, lounge and outdoor patio facing a waterhole. The best part? You will have access to your own pool and private safari vehicle and guide.
Day 2 - 3: Safari Lodge in the Sabi Sands
Did you know that measurements taken from a lion's paw print can help us guess how old it is and also if it is a male or female? Over the next two days as Sabi Sands Bush Lodge, your kids will be in excellent hands, as they engage in fun-filled activities while learning about the African bush too.
Depending on their age, they can take part in the Junior Tracker programme for (ages 4 - 8 years) or the Junior Rangers programme (ages 9 - 12 years).
While the kids are busy in the EleFun Centre with their tracking, map-reading, bushcraft, supervised walks and bushveld games, moms and dads can take part in their own bushwalks, game drives.
How about even just taking some time to vegetate by the pool, or at the spa? Kids over 12 can participate in game drives with parents while those over 16 years can go on the bush walks.
At night families can get together around the outdoor boma fire to roast marshmallows while listening to some enthralling African stories.
Day 4: Sabi Sands to Johannesburg
After the bags are all packed and a shared, hearty breakfast has been enjoyed, you and your family will sadly be making your way back to Skukuza so that you can catch your scheduled flight back to Johannesburg.
If you feel like you might prefer to get more out of your journey, this 4-day luxury family Sabi Sands safari can easily be joined with another fun-filled destination, such as Cape Town, or perhaps a more beachy adventure in Mozambique, which is very near to the Kruger National Park.
- Scheduled return flights from Johannesburg to Skukuza
- Return road transfer from Skukuza to your safari lodge
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge in a luxury suite OR luxury villa
- Breakfast, lunch and “boma” dinner
- Selection of local drinks including house wines, beers, spirits, bottled water, fresh juices, soft drinks, tea and coffees
- Early morning off-road game drives that take place in an open 4x4 safari vehicle with a ranger and tracker team
- Afternoon off-road game drives that finish after dark, giving you the opportunity to spot nocturnal wildlife with a spotlight
- Environmental awareness walking safaris, offering you an intimate encounter with nature and wildlife (16 years and older)
- Full use of the EleFun Kids Play Centre for the little ones
- Interactive Junior Tracker programme for children aged 4 - 8 years
- Interactive Junior Rangers programme for children aged 9 - 12 years
- Children activities ranging from arts and crafts to bushveld games, treasure hunts and educational games
- Park and conservation fees
- Cellar wines and premium brand drinks
- Spa treatments and all other other extras to be settled direct