Where is Ulusaba Safari Lodge, Sabi Sands Reserve
The lodge is situated along a dry riverbed in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, South Africa which is adjacent to the Kruger National Park. The magnificent Sabi Sands Game Reserve shares a boundary with the Kruger National Park. There are no fences between these two areas which means that African wildlife can roam free and undisturbed in this region.
How To get There
The lodge is 1 hour and 20 minutes by air from Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport, or a 30 minute flight from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) in Nelspruit. The lodge also has its own private airstrip with daily scheduled and charter flights available.
Please Note: There are cash only entrance fees payable for entry into the Sabi Sands Game Reserve (per vehicle and per guest).
Directions From Johannesburg
- Take the N4 /N12 to Nelspruit
- Follow the R40 from Nelspruit for 60km (37 miles) through White River to Hazyview
- As you approach Hazyview there is a T-Junction. Turn left at this junction. This road will take you into Hazyview Town
- Carry on straight through the first set of traffic lights
- At the junction with the second set of traffic lights, there will be a signpost that reads Paul Kruger Gate. At this signpost, turn right. This road is the R536
- After approximately 32km (20 miles) there are signposts for Ulusaba through Newington Gate on the left hand side of the road. There will also be signs indicating Huntington, Lilydale and Justicia
- Turn left and follow the gravel road for 9km (5 miles) until you find the next Ulusaba sign
- Turn right and follow the road for another 3km (1.8 miles) to Newington Gate which is where you will enter the Sabi Sand Reserve. Pay your entrance fees and proceed through the gate following the signposts for 17km (11 miles) to Ulusaba.
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions