Location of Dulini Leadwood Lodge, Sabi Sands Game Reserve
Nestled against the wooded bank of the Sand River, Leadwood Lodge boasts scenic views over the river bank. Dulini Leadwood Lodge is situated in a private concession, namely the Dulini Private Game Reserve, South Africa. With no boundary fences between the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve and the Kruger National Park, Big Five game and many other fascinating species roam freely between the two areas.
Directions To The Lodge
Guests can easily access this lodge by car or air from Johannesburg. The drive from Johannesburg is 500km (310 miles) and will take around 6 hours. The national roads are tarred all the way except for the last sector.
Guests have a choice of flying to Nelspruit (Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport – KMIA) or Hoedspruit Airport on scheduled commercial airlines, which would be followed by a road transfer to the lodge.
Alternatively, air charter flights can be arranged to an airstrip within the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, where a safari vehicle will be standing by for the road transfer directly to the lodge. The flight time from Johannesburg to the reserve is about 90 minutes.
Johannesburg departures are scheduled for the morning or early afternoon to allow guests to enjoy an afternoon game drive on their day of arrival. Please note that luggage is generally limited to 20kg per person.
Road transfers can be arranged from local airports in Nelspruit and Hoedspruit. Guests can also choose to self-drive from either airport or from Johannesburg.
Please note: There are cash only entrance fees payable for entry to Sabi Sand Game Reserve (per vehicle and per guest).
Self-Drive from Johannesburg
- Take the N12 / N4 from Johannesburg to Nelspruit
- Take the R40 from Nelspruit to Hazyview
- Next, take the R536 from Hazyview towards Paul Kruger Gate
- From Hazyview, travel 33km (20 miles) along the Paul Kruger Gate Road and follow the Newington Gate, Sabi Sands Wildtuin (Game Reserve) sign posts on the left hand side. Turn left onto the dirt road at the sign
- Travel 8km (5 miles) along the dirt road. You will pass a school on your left. Keep driving till you get to a large four way intersection. There are a few roadside stalls here and lodge boards
- Turn right at the four-way intersection following the Newington Gate sign. Travel1.4km (0.8 miles) along this road until you arrive at a T-junction
- Turn left at the T-junction, there will be another sign board for Newington Gate. Travel 800 metres along this road. You will see signboards indicating Dulini game lodges on the left hand side of the road. Turn left here
- Travel a further 1km (0.6 miles) along this road. Do not turn off at any point and continue until you see the entrance gate to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Enter at this gate and pay the entrance fees
- Once you are inside the reserve, turn left immediately, drive past the turnoffs to Savanna, Castleton, Singita and Idube. Once past the Idube sign, you will see signboards indicating Leadwood Lodge. Follow the sign to the lodge.
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions