Getting to Singita Ebony Lodge, Sabi Sands Reserve
The lodge is located on the banks of the Sand River and it is not uncommon to see Elephant, Buffalo and antelope grazing only metres away at any time of day. Situated in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve in South Africa, this exclusive wildlife sanctuary alongside the Kruger National Park offers the ultimate year-round South African safari.
The magnificent Sabi Sands Game Reserve in South Africa is easily accessible by road or air. Guests can choose from a variety of options to reach this Big Five area, which adjoins the mighty Kruger National Park on a fenceless boundary.
- There are daily return flight direct to Singita Private Game Reserve from Johannesburg International Airport.
- There are also daily scheduled flights on commercial airlines from Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) in Nelspruit.
- Air transfers can be arranged from KMIA to the reserve.
- Private aircraft can also land at the Singita Sabi Sand airstrip – details on request.
Road transfers to the lodge can be arranged for guests arriving at KMIA; alternately, there is a self-drive option.
Please Note: There are cash only entrance fees payable at the gate for Sabi Sands Game Reserve (per vehicle and per guest)
Self-Drive from Johannesburg
- Follow the N12 / N4 out to Nelspruit
- From Nelspruit take the R40, north to Hazyview
- Take the R536 from Hazyview towards Paul Kruger gate. After 36km (22 miles), pass Lisbon Store, then turn left onto gravel road and follow Sabi Sands signs
- Enter Sabi Sand Reserve at Shaw's Gate (pay entrance fees) and then follow Singita signs to the lodge (approximately 28km / 17 miles)
Distances by Road
- From Hazyview: 75km (1hr)
- From Nelspruit: 150km (1hr 45min)
- From Johannesburg: 500km (about 6 hours)
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions