Where is Kirkmans Kamp, Sabi Sands Reserve
The Sabi Sands Game Reserve in South Africa is renowned or its intimate wildlife encounters. Big Five game and many other species roam freely across the fenceless boundary with Kruger National Park, creating one of the richest wilderness areas on the Africa continent.
Game drives traverse a huge area in this diverse landscape with off-road driving providing the best possible access for game viewing. Strict vehicle limits at sightings of African wildlife ensure the exclusivity of your experience.
This historic lodge in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa is situated in the eastern part of the country in the province of Mpumalanga. Guests can get to Kirkmanís by road or air.
How To Get There
Guests have a choice of flying to Nelspruit or Hoedspruit, which is then followed by a road transfer to the lodge.
Air charter can be arranged to fly guests to Skukuza airstrip in the Kruger National Park, which is followed by a road transfer to the lodge. A charter flight from Johannesburg to Skukuza takes 1.5 hours and is scheduled for the morning or early afternoon to leave time for an afternoon game drive.
The distance between Nelspruit and Kirkmanís Kamp is approximately 150km (90 miles), taking 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive. Hoedspruit is about a 3 hour drive from the lodge.
There is a 'cash only' entrance fee payable at Shawís Gate of Sabi Sands Game Reserve (per vehicle and per guest). If using a GPS navigator, please do not follow the route through the Kruger Park as you will need to pay the Parkís day fee in addition to the Shaws Gate entrance fee. The lodge is about a 6 hour drive from Johannesburg. The last 10km (6 miles) of road will not be tarred.
- Motorists from Johannesburg should take the N12 / N4 to Nelspruit
- Then take the R40 from Nelspruit to White River and Hazyview
- In Hazyview at the 2nd traffic light, turn right along the R536 towards Skukuza Paul Kruger Gate, for 37.5km (23.3 miles)
- Take a left turn onto the gravel road after the Lisbon Farm Stall, where you see a Kirkmanís Kamp sign. Keep right all the way to Shaws gate
- There is a vehicle entrance fee into the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, payable on arrival
- Once inside the reserve, pass Sabi Sabi and Lion Sands and keep going straight
- Cross over the 4-way intersection
- There will be a split in the road, stay right
- Follow this road and turn left just after the boom at the Kirkman's Kamp sign
- As you approach the Lodge, please be aware that you are in a wilderness area where predators and high-profile game roam (do not leave your car for any reason)
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions