Position of Djuma Galago Camp, Sabi Sands Reserve
This child-friendly safari camp is located in the 9000 hectare Djuma Private Game Reserve and is part of the well-known Sabi Sand Game Reserve. The Sabi Sand Game Reserve shares an unfenced border and the vast ecosystem of the Kruger National Park.
How to get to Djuma Galago Camp
Buffelshoek Runway - 1400 metres long
Gowrie Runway - 900 metres long
24° 44' S
31° 33' E
You can make your own charter arrangements, or inquire about our Bush Lodge fly-in packages.
You can reach the camp by road via the scenic Eastern Transvaal escarpment - a 5-hour drive from Johannesburg. Enter at Gowrie Gate only.
Directions from Johannesburg
- Take the N4 to Witbank.
- Take the Belfast off ramp (R33/R540)
- Once in Belfast town, turn right into Voortrekker Street and continue straight to Dullstroom on the R540.
- Drive straight through Dullstroom town and keep straight to Lydenburg.
- Once in Lydenburg turn left into Potgieter Street and continue straight to Ohrighstad on the R36.
- Drive straight past Ohrigstad and continue on R36 until it turns left to Tzaneen. DO NOT turn, but continue straight on R527 to Hoedspruit.
- On approaching Hoedspruit, take the R531 to Klasserie, Acornhoek and then follow the signs for Sabi Sands to Gowrie gate.
- Entrance is R80 per vehicle (subject to change).
- Directions to Djuma Galago Camp will be provided at the gate.