Position of Dulini River Lodge, Sabi Sands Reserve
The lodge is situated in the 65 000 hectare (160 600 acre) Sabi Sands Game Reserve which shares an unfenced border with Kruger National Park, allowing African wildlife to move freely across the territory.
How To Get There
You can easily access the lodge by road or air from Johannesburg. You can either fly to the lodge in Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve or enjoy a self-drive.
Commercial airlines offer daily flights from Johannesburg OR Tambo International airport (ORTIA) to Ulusaba airstrip, followed by an easy game drive to the lodge. This direct flight is approximately 1.5 hours and generally scheduled for the morning or early afternoon to allow arriving guests to enjoy an afternoon game drive on their day of arrival.
Daily flights from ORTIA to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport are also available, followed by either a road or air transfer to the lodge (25 minutes by air and 2 hours by road).
The drive from Johannesburg to the Newington Gate of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, will take between 5 to 6 hours, depending on traffic. The distance between the lodge and Johannesburg is about 500km (310.68 miles). All except the last 10 km (six miles) of the road is tarred. There are cash only entrance fees payable for Sabi Sands Game Reserve (per vehicle and per guest).
Directions From Johannesburg
- Driving from Johannesburg, take the N12 / N4 towards Nelspruit
- From Nelspruit, take the R40 to Hazyview
- When you arrive in Hazyview, take the R536 towards the Paul Kruger Gate
- Travel 33km (20 miles) along the Paul Kruger Gate Road and look out for the Newington Gate, Sabi Sands Wildtuin (Game Reserve) sign posts on the left hand side
- Take this turn off and travel 8.2km (5 miles) along the dirt road - you will pass a school on your left, keep driving till you get to a large four way intersection. There are a few roadside stalls here and lodge boards
- Turn right at the four-way intersection following the Newington Gate sign
- Travel 1.4km (0.86 miles) along this road until you get to a T-junction
- Turn left at the T-junction, there will be another sign board for Newington Gate
- Travel 800 metres along this road. You will see signboards indicating Dulini game lodges on the left hand side of the road. Turn left here
- Travel a further 1km (0.62 miles) along this road. Do not turn off at any point and continue until you see the entrance gate to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Enter at this gate
- Once you are inside the reserve, turn left immediately, drive past the turn-offs to Savanna, Castleton, Singita and Idube. Once past the Idube sign, you will see signboards indicating Dulini - follow the signs to the correct camp