Directions to Dulini Private Game Reserve, Sabi Sands Reserve
Dulini Lodge is ideally located in the Dulini Private Game Reserve which has 10 000 hectares of traversing rights in the western sector of the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, South Africa. The Sabi Sands and the Kruger National Park share a fenceless boundary which allows for the free movement of game in this region.
World famous for its Leopard sightings, Sabi Sands Game Reserve in South Africa is Big Five country, which means that apart from Leopard, visitors could also see Elephant, Lion, Rhino and Buffalo amongst other incredible African wildlife.
How To Get There
Guests can easily access the safari lodge by car or air from Johannesburg. The drive from Johannesburg is 500km (310 miles) and will take about 5-6 hours. The National Roads are tarred all the way except for the last sector.
Guests have a choice of flying to Nelspruit (Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport – KMIA) or Hoedspruit Airport on commercial airlines, which would be followed by a road transfer to the lodge.
Alternatively, air charter flights can be arranged to an airstrip within the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, where a safari vehicle will be standing by for the road transfer directly to the lodge. The flight time from Johannesburg to the reserve is about 90 minutes.
Johannesburg departures are scheduled for the morning or early afternoon to allow arriving guests to enjoy an afternoon game drive on their day of arrival. Please note that luggage is generally limited to 20kg per person.
Road transfers can be arranged from local airports in Nelspruit and Hoedspruit. Guests can also choose to self-drive from either place or from Johannesburg.
Please note: There are cash only entrance fees payable for entry to Sabi Sands Game Reserve (per vehicle and per guest).
- Take the N12 / N4 from Johannesburg to Nelspruit
- Take the R40 from Nelspruit to Hazyview
- Next, take the R536 from Hazyview towards Paul Kruger Gate
- From Hazyview, travel 33km (20 miles) along the Paul Kruger Gate Road and follow the Newington Gate, Sabi Sands Wildtuin (Game Reserve) sign posts on the left hand side. Turn left onto the dirt road at the sign
- Travel 8km (5 miles) along the dirt road. You will pass a school on your left. Keep driving till you get to a large four way intersection. There are a few roadside stalls here and lodge boards
- Turn right at the four-way intersection following the Newington Gate sign. Travel1.4km (0.8 miles) along this road until you get to a T-junction
- Turn left at the T-junction, there will be another sign board for Newington Gate. Travel 800 metres along this road. You will see signboards indicating game lodges on the left hand side of the road. Turn left here
- Travel a further 1km (0.6 miles) along this road. Do not turn off at any point and continue until you see the entrance gate to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Enter at this gate and pay the entrance fees
- Once you are inside the reserve, turn left immediately, drive past the turnoffs to Savanna, Castleton, Singita and Idube. Once past the Idube sign, you will see signboards indicating the Lodge. Follow the sign to the lodge.
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions